Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.9.2 Released With More Games In Better Shape

Phoronix: DXVK 1.9.2 Released With More Games In Better Shape

DXVK 1.9.2 is out as the newest version of this key library necessary to the success of Valve's Steam Play (Proton) by translating Direct3D 9/10/11 calls to Vulkan for a much more performant Windows gaming experience on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like how DXVK runs more applications than WineD3D.

Comment

Woo hoo, two more frames per second in Batman Arkham Knight (GOG).

Seriously, DXVK is amazing. Thank you Philip R.

Comment

I'm still confused on why DXVK is considered a dead end compared to WIneD3D.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
          I read somewhere that dxvk is rushed and a nightmare to maintain. i cant tell if its true but its works well for me at this point. WineD3D was not bad either but the progress was slow and i had the feeling that it was more targeted at Nvidia (sure, AMD with fglrx was a pain and the FOSS drivers was not in the shape like today.) and they work on there vulkan backend since over 2 years now.

Comment

IIRC, it's something along the lines of different coding standards and Wine using C and DXVK using C++ making it so DXVK will never be an official part of Wine, just an unofficial plugin/add-on.

Comment

Who said that? I'm guessing a WineD3D developer?

They're not pulling it into the WINE project, but I don't think that matters for most people.

Comment

wine devs don't know c++

Comment

Working...
                X