Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"panel-edp" Driver On Its Way To Linux 5.16 To Make For Less Hard-Coded eDP Panel Configs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "panel-edp" Driver On Its Way To Linux 5.16 To Make For Less Hard-Coded eDP Panel Configs

Phoronix: "panel-edp" Driver On Its Way To Linux 5.16 To Make For Less Hard-Coded eDP Panel Configs

The latest batch of miscellaneous Direct Rendering Manager changes are on their way to DRM-Next for Linux 5.16. Notable from this new drm-misc-next batch is the new "panel-edp" driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Phoronix
    This panel-edp driver is a step forward for cleaning up the situation but doesn't remove the existing hard-coded configurations from the kernel. So this is a nice step forward moving ahead and hopefully proves reliable enough that developers will rely less on the DT hard-coding for the panels.
    Assuming it probes correctly.

And having been forced to write my own xorg.conf file in the past for years because X couldn't correctly probe my monitor's refresh rates and resolutions, I am going assume it will always probe wrongly until proven otherwise.

Comment

Working...
    X