Games Relying On CEG DRM Should Now Be Able To Run With Steam Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games Relying On CEG DRM Should Now Be Able To Run With Steam Play

Phoronix: Games Relying On CEG DRM Should Now Be Able To Run With Steam Play

Running the newest Steam client beta paired with the newest Proton Experimental should yield more Windows games working on Steam Play...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this mean Dolphin Emulator, Citra, Yuzu and other JIT compiler-based programs are able to run under Proton as well?

Comment

Finally! It was pretty weird to install cracks in order to launch legally bought games

Comment

Rofl... 1 year after buying it I can play F1 race stars!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Does this mean Dolphin Emulator, Citra, Yuzu and other JIT compiler-based programs are able to run under Proton as well?
          All those run native on Linux.

Comment

Just so people know. CEG games did work fine in Wine with Windows Steam setup afaik, it was just proton that caused issues.

Comment

I'm installing Civilization V right now. There's a native version but it doesn't support dll mods.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                Just so people know. CEG games did work fine in Wine with Windows Steam setup afaik, it was just proton that caused issues.
                Yes, I read that it was because the DRM was integrated with some API in Steam that wasn't implemented in the Linux client.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Why would you run them under Proton when they can run natively?

Comment

Originally posted by vb_linux View Post
                    Why would you run them under Proton when they can run natively?
                    In some cases, the Windows versions have a DirectX backend which is better than the OpenGL one that the Linux native versions use. This used to be the case with Dolphin at least, and I think it is still the case for GPUs that support D3D11 but not Vulkan.

But in any case it is irrelevant because CEG DRM is not at all related to these emulators.

Comment

Working...
                    X