Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA-VAAPI-Driver 0.0.7 Released For Enjoying VA-API With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA-VAAPI-Driver 0.0.7 Released For Enjoying VA-API With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA-VAAPI-Driver 0.0.7 Released For Enjoying VA-API With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

The NVIDIA-VAAPI-Driver is the open-source, community-developed Video Acceleration API (VA-API) implementation that is built to make use of NVIDIA's NVDEC interface exposed by their proprietary Linux graphics driver stack. In turn this VA-API implementation is notable since it allows for NVIDIA GPU video acceleration with Firefox that targets VA-API but not the NVIDIA interfaces...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How to check whether it works on firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
      How to check whether it works on firefox?
      A VA-API implemention using NVIDIA's NVDEC. Contribute to elFarto/nvidia-vaapi-driver development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

many thanks

Comment

Compatibility layers doing Nvidia's job against their will

I find it almost offensive how much effort Nvidia puts in not implementing common-ground standards along their "mine is better but is only mine" versions of the same thing.

Fortunately linux devs have been developing a taste () for making compatibility layers for anything to run over anything else. It's a way to solve an issue once, solve it well and solve it for everyone, much more effective than each and every linux app neeeding to double their efforts and support VA-API and NVENC in parallel.
          Last edited by marlock; 14 October 2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X