Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Announces KataOS As Security-Focused OS, Leveraging Rust & seL4 Microkernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Announces KataOS As Security-Focused OS, Leveraging Rust & seL4 Microkernel

Phoronix: Google Announces KataOS As Security-Focused OS, Leveraging Rust & seL4 Microkernel

Google this week has announced the release of KataOS as their newest operating system effort focused on embedded devices running ambient machine learning workloads. KataOS is security-minded, exclusively uses the Rust programming language, and is built atop the seL4 microkernel as its foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what Google thinks about Redox OS?

Comment

Well it's finally here.

Comment

Originally posted by dc_coder_84 View Post
        I wonder what Google thinks about Redox OS?
        They think nothing of it. Redux don't answer their needs, or anyone needs in in particular ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

Comment

and the idiots where the alpha testers of fuchsia OS. Very well played again from google.

Comment

Sounds like we finally an operating system built on sound scientific fundamentals (you know, languages and kernels that use that funny thing called formal proofs/verifications)

Comment

RISC-V, seL4 and Rust. Holy moly, stars are aligning.

Excited to see what's the experiences are with this (and it eventually goes to the graveyard, as usual of course).

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
                Sounds like we finally an operating system built on sound scientific fundamentals (you know, languages and kernels that use that funny thing called formal proofs/verifications)
                That is at least a good start. Now it needs hardware that is equally proven correct and doesn't allow side-channel attacks.

Comment

I don't doubt the quality oft the project and it might be very secure aswell....but I'm fearing that there are a bunch of Google adsense whatsoever Plugins built in.

Comment

Is this a joke? What about Fuchsia?

Comment

Working...
                    X