Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg Lands NVIDIA NVENC AV1 Encoding Support

Phoronix: FFmpeg Lands NVIDIA NVENC AV1 Encoding Support

Along with the likes of OBS Studio adding NVENC AV1 support for enjoying GPU-accelerated AV1 video encoding with GeForce RTX 40 series GPUs, the widely-used FFmpeg library has merged its support for NVIDIA NVENC AV1 video encoding...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the story with Vulkan video extensions for AV1? I.e. where is VK_EXT_video_encode_av1? It's been more than a year since Khronos published their Vulkan design for video.
    Last edited by shmerl; 06 November 2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      What's the story with Vulkan video extensions for AV1? I.e. where is VK_EXT_video_encode_av1? It's been more than a year since Khronos published their Vulkan design for video.
      Keep in mind Vulkan video standard is still quite fresh, queue VK definitions were modified just 2 months ago according to Khronos site.

Comment

I might be a bit late for the game, but which iGPU supports AV1?
        Do the new AMD 7k Series CPUs with integrated GPU support decoding of AV1?

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
          I might be a bit late for the game, but which iGPU supports AV1?
          Do the new AMD 7k Series CPUs with integrated GPU support decoding of AV1?
          In this date, only the current generation supports AV1 encoding. In case of AMD it would be RX 7900 of further.

Comment

Working...
          X