Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.5 RC1 Available For Testing This Leading Free Software Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.5 RC1 Available For Testing This Leading Free Software Office Suite

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.5 RC1 Available For Testing This Leading Free Software Office Suite

Ahead of the early February planned debut of the LibreOffice 7.5 open-source office suite, the release candidate was made available today for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Those thin lines of icons, they should get rid of those. Like seriously, it aggravates me. Like come on, high contrast, so people with bad sight can see it clearly right? Well, with those thin lines, this improvement is kind of, what can I say, not really that impactful.

I love libreoffice. But this kind of things... you see, an icon with 3 2px width lines is better than 6 1px width lines. Like please, don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Make it simple, as long as it conveys the meaning, and distinct enough with other icons.

Comment

I hope that this gets into the next version of Debian.

Comment

I just want tabs

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          I hope that this gets into the next version of Debian.
          why does it matter when you have flatpak?

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post

Because Flatpak is not as good as APT in some cases and many times native packaging system is better than Flatpak.

Comment

Flatpak works by installing a standard runtime that is independent of your local Linux installation. This means two implications:
              • your vendor (distro) has no control over the runtime. It is a generic runtime with code not originating from your distribution. It is like running fedora libraries on a debian distribution but in an isolated sandboxed safe environment.
              • There is a large amount of duplication between the local system and the runtime.
              In reality, you just want to install the odf official rpm or deb packages.

Comment

Because you don't want flatpak. Especially for a huge package like LibreOffice.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                  Those thin lines of icons, they should get rid of those. Like seriously, it aggravates me. Like come on, high contrast, so people with bad sight can see it clearly right? Well, with those thin lines, this improvement is kind of, what can I say, not really that impactful.

I love libreoffice. But this kind of things... you see, an icon with 3 2px width lines is better than 6 1px width lines. Like please, don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Make it simple, as long as it conveys the meaning, and distinct enough with other icons.
                  I must say I'm mostly fine with the Colibre (SVG + dark) icon set. Only for a few icons like the insert table or image icon I'd wish for a white background or sth like that. But I'm on a rather small monitor, no idea how it would play out on much bigger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Vulkan View Post
                    Because you don't want flatpak. Especially for a huge package like LibreOffice.
                    Flatpak apps don’t scale that way. Other than, for example, flathub runtimes (which you should already have a few of them), the actual libreoffice flatpak “package” only contains the actual binary (same as native) and extra dependencies not covered by runtimes in flathub. Those would not be popular and probably not installed on your system either. So the install size would be nearly identical.

Comment

Working...
                    X