No announcement yet.

Firefox 110 Released With Better WebGL Performance, GPU-Accelerated 2D Canvas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 110 Released With Better WebGL Performance, GPU-Accelerated 2D Canvas

Phoronix: Firefox 110 Released With Better WebGL Performance, GPU-Accelerated 2D Canvas

Mozilla has pushed out Firefox 110 today as the latest major version of their open-source web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess there's no point in using sdl2 anymore if Firefox canvas can be used efficiently for games.

Comment

I've heard from some hardcore Firefox fanboys that the recent UI changes since the 109 release have demolished their userChrome.css customized interfaces and that they are abandoning ship.

Comment

I sometimes reset Firefox in the about:support (?) page, just to keep everything vanilla and problems away. I can't be arsed to fight with my browser, I have more important fights elsewhere. Having said that, the worst tableflips from UI perspective come from Google Calendar at the moment, it's horrible at certain spots...

But yay, more GPU acceleration and speed! Time for some benchmarks?

Comment

Nice to see performance improvements for WebGL since that is an area where Firefox was lagging behind other browsers. I hope to see some benchmarks.

Comment

Finally some performance improvements!
            But I hate the new extension button and lack of customization.
            I liked the overflow menu more.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              I've heard from some hardcore Firefox fanboys that the recent UI changes since the 109 release have demolished their userChrome.css customized interfaces and that they are abandoning ship.
              Then they'd be abandoning the ship for the ocean. The only place they can turn to is a sea of Chromiums.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Nice to see performance improvements for WebGL since that is an area where Firefox was lagging behind other browsers. I hope to see some benchmarks.
                Hopefully we will see Firefox benchmarks against older versions of Firefox here at Phoronix. Yet another singular Firefox vs Chrome comparison would be comparatively useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Finally some performance improvements!
                  But I hate the new extension button and lack of customization.
                  I liked the overflow menu more.
                  It's easy to get rid of the extensions button. about:config > search for extensions.unifiedExtensions.enabled > set to false. Done.

Comment

Good too some perf improvements. Hopefully the better goodies come with v112. They've been taking their sweet time with improving some other parts of the browser.

Comment

Working...
                    X