No announcement yet.

Firefox 112 Now Available With Support For Importing Chromium Snap Browser Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 112 Now Available With Support For Importing Chromium Snap Browser Data

Phoronix: Firefox 112 Now Available With Support For Importing Chromium Snap Browser Data

Mozilla has published the Firefox 112.0 binaries today ahead of tomorrow's official unveiling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/firefox

Comment

Still hoping for more Jpeg XL support in the future.

Comment

protip: go to about:config and search "telemetry", change all of the "true" values that you see to "false", there's about ~20 keys. I wish Mozilla didn't spy, but it isn't as bad as Chrome.

After using OperaGX on burner Windows 11 system for a while and going back to Firefox, it's very apparent how much innovation and quality of life features are missing in Firefox; the UI is so bare and useless, feels like a total turd.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
          After using OperaGX on burner Windows 11 system for a while and going back to Firefox, it's very apparent how much innovation and quality of life features are missing in Firefox; the UI is so bare and useless, feels like a total turd.
          That's exactly how I felt after I recently ditched Firefox and switched to Vivaldi. I was fed up with the recent useless additions every single major version that no one asked for and they are a pita to revert. The second reason for switching was because websites used to randomly not load which made me want to punch my monitor. It was so annoying and it doesn't happen anymore after switching to Vivaldi.

Btw, in the past I used to criticize Chromium on Linux in general for issues like slower startup time than Firefox or Chromium on Windows and slow scroll speed. Well, now I was surprised to see that pretty much all these issues got recently fixed. My only issue left with Chromium on Linux is the broken dark mode detection, but I fixed that by adding --force-dark-mode to the .desktop file.
          Last edited by user1; 10 April 2023, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I wish they would improve the HTML, CSS support and the performance.
            It's still not as fast as Chromium based browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
              My only issue left with Chromium ...
              (And its variants) Is that it's still controlled by Google and does nothing to alleviate the engine monoculture in the web environment.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                protip: go to about:config and search "telemetry", change all of the "true" values that you see to "false", there's about ~20 keys. I wish Mozilla didn't spy, but it isn't as bad as Chrome.

I'm surprised Brave doesn't get mentioned more here, since it's by the guy who made Firefox. He definitely took all his talent with him when he left, Brave is probably the most capable and optimized browser I know of. It's absolutely the spiritual successor of Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

(And its variants) Is that it's still controlled by Google and does nothing to alleviate the engine monoculture in the web environment.
                  Which, I agree, it's unfortunate, but what if the alternatives give me a crappy experience? At the end of the day, I just want good experience and I've concluded that Firefox doesn't give me that.

Comment

how long will it take to implement hardware video decoding on nvidia dgpu.

Comment

Working...
                    X