NVIDIA Finally Working On A Linux Driver For Their 2017 SHIELD Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Finally Working On A Linux Driver For Their 2017 SHIELD Controller

Phoronix: NVIDIA Finally Working On A Linux Driver For Their 2017 SHIELD Controller

NVIDIA launched their SHIELD "Thunderstrike" gaming controller back in 2017 and now in 2023 they are working to upstream their HD driver support for it...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So glad I never buy any Nvidia hardware, otherwise I would have to have white beard before I can use them properly!
    But I guess for people without strong principles, they are fine and Nvidia's attitude is ok too.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      So glad I never buy any Nvidia hardware, otherwise I would have to have white beard before I can use them properly!
      But I guess for people without strong principles, they are fine and Nvidia's attitude is ok too.
      It is more likely they want to support something newer and underlying similar functionality for older device is good starting point.

Comment

ngl I hated the controller lol

Comment

I respect your work but the word “Finally” is stupid to use. It should not be a celebration, instead a reminder of how little nvidia cares for their customers and FOSS.

Its like no matter how they mistreat the community, they keep getting this blind devotion and free passes.

Comment

Finally! I've been sitting in this same chair for six years, jabbing at the buttons on this controller and waiting for something to happen on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
              I respect your work but the word “Finally” is stupid to use. It should not be a celebration, instead a reminder of how little nvidia cares for their customers and FOSS.

Its like no matter how they mistreat the community, they keep getting this blind devotion and free passes.
              I took it the opposite way, a negative instead of a positive, like, "That jackass FINALLY showed up."

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I took it the opposite way, a negative instead of a positive, like, "That jackass FINALLY showed up."
                You know what, I can agree with that point of view.

Sorry Michael.

Comment

Working...
                X