Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Clang 17 Adds Initial C++26 Compile Flags With -std=c++26

Phoronix: LLVM Clang 17 Adds Initial C++26 Compile Flags With -std=c++26

With LLVM Clang's C++23 support coming together and the -std=c++23 option now exposed, LLVM Clang 17 Git has already added its initial options for specifying what will be C++26 / C++2C support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

.lol.

Comment

C++26 already? I must say I kind of lost track of the changes beyond C++17, even though C++ is the primary programming language I work with.

Comment

Originally posted by david-nk View Post
        C++26 already? I must say I kind of lost track of the changes beyond C++17, even though C++ is the primary programming language I work with.
        Designated initializers from C++20 are awesome, I wonder what took so long for those to land in C++ considering C had them for ages. Otherwise yeah I'm in the same boat.

Comment

Very useful reference: https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/20

Comment

std::format (C++20), ranges (C++20), modules (C++20, although not ready for real-world use yet), coroutines (C++20), std:: print (C++23), std::stacktrace (C++23).

There any many, many more changes since C++17, but those are the most notable for me. You can go over cppreference to read all changes if you want.
            Last edited by EvilHowl; 16 May 2023, 06:12 AM. Reason: vBulletin keeps putting smiles on my text :P

Comment

I can't keep up with all of these changes to C++! It's quite interesting, though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
                std::format (C++20), ranges (C++20), modules (C++20, although not ready for real-world use yet), coroutines (C++20), std:: print (C++23), std::stacktrace (C++23).

There any many, many more changes since C++17, but those are the most notable for me. You can go over cppreference to read all changes if you want.
                [[no_unique_address]] is the most important for me, it allows you to make zero-cost properties (accessors without separate get/set member functions). Syntax is like normal fields, so can be implicitly converted without changing source code. It's a bit convoluted to do, though, so having built-in support for them in the standard would be better.

Comment

Is there any substantial discussion on doing something like rust editions (version 1.70 vs edition 2021), where remove all the old bad ways of doing things which have a new safer/more-efficient counterpart, perhaps alongside their normal compatibility support model?

Comment

c++26
                    c++29
                    c++32
                    c++35
                    c++38
                    c++41
                    c++44

c++47

STOP THE MADNESS
                    STOP ADDING BLOAT TO THIS STUPID LANGUAGE

Comment