Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Preparing To Rollout Stable Chrome Releases Even Faster

Phoronix: Google Preparing To Rollout Stable Chrome Releases Even Faster

Moving forward Google engineers are working to roll-out new Chrome stable releases even faster...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dear Google

Why do you think this is a race?
    Last edited by tildearrow; 30 August 2023, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Too late, Firefox is already at 117 while chrome is now at 116 😁

Comment

"Oh no, Firefox just took the lead in version numbers! Quick! We have to catch up somehow!"

Comment

For a minute I thought I read "Google Chrome will be faster" and I was thinking they optimized a bunch of stuff including memory management. Silly me. I rather stick with Firefox, Chrome has become a mess on Mac and Linux since the beginning of 2023.
          Linux Gaming - https://youtube.com/@xtremelinux

Comment

At this point, they should just make it a rolling release and call it a day.

Comment

"Well guys, we're already shipping spyware, we're forcing people to see ads, we're even implementing DRM to block browsers we don't bless from accessing the web. How do we make sure those 'chromium' freeloaders can't strip it back out again?"

"Use our sheer manpower to release faster and swamp their dev teams, like we did to firefox with W3C standards?"

"I like your thinking! Promotion!"

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                "Oh no, Firefox just took the lead in version numbers! Quick! We have to catch up somehow!"
                Don't forget Firefox was the one who started playing this ridiculous pointless game of catchup.
                Watch Mozilla start to match this for no good reason why they continue to let their useless browser rot even more.

Comment

Why? what users want is stability, bug fixes and useful features, not version number!
                  By looking at https://www.chromestatus.com/ , you can barely see a useful feature in compare to past and this attitude.

Comment

The execs at Google thought they needed to speed up their takeover of the free and open internet a little bit faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X