CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 23.5 With A Focus On Boosting macOS Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 23.5 With A Focus On Boosting macOS Gaming

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 23.5 With A Focus On Boosting macOS Gaming

CodeWeavers -- in addition to contributing significantly to upstream Wine and being involved with Valve on Proton for Steam Play -- continues to offer CrossOver as a premium Wine-based software solution for enjoying Windows games and applications like Microsoft Office and Adobe products on Linux, macOS, and Chrome OS. Out today is CrossOver 23.5 as the latest evolution of this Wine-based commercial software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

CrossOver 23.5 also gets Baldur's Gate 3 working out-of-the-box
    For macos? There's native version already. Just kidding, it's working like crap on this joke OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

For macos? There's native version already. Just kidding, it's working like crap on this joke OS.
      I agree!

Who cares about macOS other than stupid fanboys and mentally damaged people with money? Their hardware is okay, their software is pure CRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I agree!

Who cares about macOS other than stupid fanboys and mentally damaged people with money? Their hardware is okay, their software is pure CRAP.
        There's apparently some niche situations where a Mac makes practical sense apart from demonstrating your social standing, but I'm not very familiar with them (I think maybe some niche video editing?)

Comment

Originally posted by Barley9432 View Post
          There's apparently some niche situations where a Mac makes practical sense apart from demonstrating your social standing, but I'm not very familiar with them (I think maybe some niche video editing?)
          MacBooks still have the lead when it comes to battery life, and not having any performance degradation on battery (though battery life takes a hit during heavy loads, expectedly).

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I agree!

This is a pretty shortsighted view. Mac users exist and they are wanting to play games in it. Codeweavers sees enough business value is providing a product that satisfies that demand and funds upstream Wine development which Linux users also benefit from. There is no downside to anyone in this arrangement.
            Last edited by RahulSundaram; 27 September 2023, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

This is a pretty shortsighted view. Mac users exist and they are wanting to play games in it. Codeweavers sees enough business value is providing a product that satisfies that demand and funds upstream Wine development which Linux users also benefit from. There is no downside to anyone in this arrangement.
              Oh, I agree. Let's get the money from rich boys, so we Linux nerds can enjoy games with Wine

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

MacBooks still have the lead when it comes to battery life, and not having any performance degradation on battery (though battery life takes a hit during heavy loads, expectedly).
                Makes sense when you create both your own hardware and software.

Comment

games cool, but. Make productivity applications work REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by Barley9432 View Post

Music production. If you know how to use it, logic pro is heads and shoulders above everything else

Comment

Working...
                    X