Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hangover 8.19 Improves Box64 Integration For Running Windows Apps On AArch64 Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover 8.19 Improves Box64 Integration For Running Windows Apps On AArch64 Wine

Phoronix: Hangover 8.19 Improves Box64 Integration For Running Windows Apps On AArch64 Wine

Released last week was the newest version of Hangover, the project from Wine developers for helping Wine run on non-x86 CPU architectures for ultimately helping to make it easier to run x86/x86_64 Windows games/applications more easily on Linux AArch64, POWER, and RISC-V environments. The main focus still so far though is about allowing these Windows apps/games on ARM Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there some comparison between all the options? I'm not really sure why there's so much competition in this space and if any are obviously better or worse than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Is there some comparison between all the options? I'm not really sure why there's so much competition in this space and if any are obviously better or worse than the rest.
      There really isn't competition, It's just wrappers around core tech like Wine & Box, Hangover is basically a box & wine wrapper, making it easier for the end user to use said technologies.

Comment

the reason is incompatible licenses ... for example you can not include QEMU with Hangover in wine because the wine license is incompatible with the QEMU license.
        these other options FEX, Box64, and Blink have different licenses and are compatible with wine.

the hangover with qemu in wine you can only get in source code version not compiled

if you want it compiled you can only do it with FEX/BOX64 instead of Qemu...

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Box86 is by far the fastest https://box86.org/2022/03/box86-box6...x-vs-rosetta2/

Comment

Working...
          X