Wine Wayland Driver Lands Mouselook Support, Relative Cursor Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Wayland Driver Lands Mouselook Support, Relative Cursor Motion

Phoronix: Wine Wayland Driver Lands Mouselook Support, Relative Cursor Motion

Friday's release of Wine 8.22 is expected to be the last bi-weekly feature release before shifting focus to the code freeze and making Wine 9.0 ready for release in early 2024. It's coming down to the finish line how much more Wine Wayland driver functionality will be merged in time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool progress.

Tested CP2077 in Wayland mode. Mouse input works well, but you likely also need this commit before it's upstreamed:

If when updating the foreground window, both the old and new active window belong to the same thread, even if it's not the current thread, activate the new window without...

Some issues I noticed:

* Window title is unset.
    * Shortcut keys stop working for cyber engine tweaks after cursor capture happens. They work in XWayland mode fine.
    Last edited by shmerl; 08 December 2023, 02:06 AM.

Comment

One of the fastest progress I saw about anything in the Wayland space 😅, kudos to Alexandros and all other contributiors ✨

Comment

Whenever this gets benchmarked, please compare latency and not just FPS

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
          Whenever this gets benchmarked, please compare latency and not just FPS
          I didn't notice perceivable latency difference (i.e. everything feels as responsive as in XWayland case), but I have no exact way to measure it either. How do you even test that?

Comment

Originally posted by Beryesa View Post
            One of the fastest progress I saw about anything in the Wayland space 😅, kudos to Alexandros and all other contributiors ✨
            This driver was available for quite a long time ago. This year it was just split into reasonably sized PRs and finalized missing features. I remember patching my Wine 2 years ago with it and back then it only supported fullscreen Vulkan applications.

Of course I am not trying to diminish amount of work that was done to create this driver and maybe convince maintainers to include into upstream. Great work, Alexandros Frantzis!

Comment

cant wait to get until the first versions will make it into proton ge. xfree Desktop experience

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                cant wait to get until the first versions will make it into proton ge. xfree Desktop experience
                An xfree experience? I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. That's going back in time to 2003 - 2004 where X.org was forked from XFree a long time ago
                Last edited by nvaert1986; 08 December 2023, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nvaert1986 View Post

An xfree experience? I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. That's going back in time to 2003 - 2004 where X.org was forked from XFree a long time ago
                  pun intended

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

pun intended
                    Exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X