Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Continue On Bug Fixing Spree Ahead Of Plasma 6.0

Phoronix: KDE Developers Continue On Bug Fixing Spree Ahead Of Plasma 6.0

It's a Christmas season of bug fixing in the KDE world as following the late November Plasma 6.0 Beta 1 they've shifted from feature work to fixes and with the new test release has received an influx of bug reports...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's hope they won't have to fix a mass amount of bugs over the whole first year of Plasma 6. I already fear a major regression of my desktop experience with their forced change to Wayland.

Comment

100 out of 176 fixed bugs were reported not further than in the last month. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
        Let's hope they won't have to fix a mass amount of bugs over the whole first year of Plasma 6. I already fear a major regression of my desktop experience with their forced change to Wayland.
        KDE is not forcing you onto Wayland. Period.

You might be confusing that with Fedora KDE moving into Wayland only.

Let's keep this on topic and not open pandora's box about the Wayland situation

Comment

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

KDE is not forcing you onto Wayland. Period.

You might be confusing that with Fedora KDE moving into Wayland only.

Let's keep this on topic and not open pandora's box about the Wayland situation
          In another update on the progress of the upcoming KDE Plasma 6 desktop environment release, there's some fun details from Nate Graham.

You were saying????????

It's obvious, they want to it to be 'only' - it's just a gradual process. Fedora is just the first to try to 'force it.'

Comment

I switched to the beta last week and any click on the taskbar with Wayland resulted in crashes. Had to revert back. I did test in X11 and it worked mostly fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post
              I switched to the beta last week and any click on the taskbar with Wayland resulted in crashes. Had to revert back. I did test in X11 and it worked mostly fine though.
              What graphic card? I bet it's nvidia proprietary trash, because KDE with Wayland is working great here on AMD proper Linux drivers.
              Last edited by Volta; 09 December 2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

In another update on the progress of the upcoming KDE Plasma 6 desktop environment release, there's some fun details from Nate Graham.

You were saying????????
                Stop embarassing youself. It was decided that the default will be wayland. Nothing else.

It's obvious, they want to it to be 'only' - it's just a gradual process. Fedora is just the first to try to 'force it.'
                They don't want anything. They just accept that Xorg has been essentially abandoned for years and KDE has been in X support maintenance only for three years.

If you want it to be maintained, find the resources and the developers to do so and KDE will be happy to help.

Now,please, stop polluting this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

What graphic card? I bet it's nvidia proprietary trash, because KDE with Wayland is working great here on AMD proper Linux drivers.
                  The iGPU in 6700k Skylake. Wayland works flawlessly on the 5.27.10.

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post

The iGPU in 6700k Skylake. Wayland works flawlessly on the 5.27.10.
                    I hope you filled the bugreport then.

Comment

Working...
                    X