LibreOffice 24.2 Beta Released For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 24.2 Beta Released For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

Phoronix: LibreOffice 24.2 Beta Released For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

LibreOffice 24.2 Beta 1 is available today as the latest test candidate for this cross-platform open-source office suite that is packing many new features while also changing its approach to versioning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish someone would just make a 1:1 clone of Excel 2021 without the online features. Just complete feature parity, without the cloud stuff. Even without Macros, this would be quite a feat.

Comment

Originally posted by Estranged1906 View Post
      I wish someone would just make a 1:1 clone of Excel 2021 without the online features. Just complete feature parity, without the cloud stuff. Even without Macros, this would be quite a feat.
      I hate that forced cloud stuff and subscription pricing too, Windows and MS Office gets worse with every version...
      But why copying when you can make it better?
      Btw, I like Calc more, it just needs a bit more polish for a few things.

Comment

That's going to cost a few millions dollars. Got some spare change?

Comment

Last time I tried SoftMaker Office Pro, it was about as close to 1:1 clone-ish as I think you could get. Even had a highly similar ribbon bar. And they have a Freeoffice version you could try if you want. I don't recall it having any cloud stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X