Wine 9.0-rc2 Released With 33 More Fixes - Including Wine Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 9.0-rc2 Released With 33 More Fixes - Including Wine Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: Wine 9.0-rc2 Released With 33 More Fixes - Including Wine Wayland Fixes

Wine 9.0-rc2 is now available as the latest weekly release candidate on the road to the stable Wine 9.0 release in early 2024...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was surprised with my first bug report to WineHQ just a while ago.. it was fixed and released to devel within a few weeks. I was also able to build from source + candidate patch in like 30 min due to decent documentation. Kudos to Wine project for that, although I suspect "heavier" bugs get sidelined for much longer.

Comment

Has anyone managed to build Proton with latest WINE?

Comment

But can it run iTunes yet?
        I run my windows vm daily just to run iTunes for my music. Looking forward to using wine some day.

Comment

Originally posted by poncho524 View Post
          I run my windows vm daily just to run iTunes for my music. Looking forward to using wine some day.
          Don't they have a web cliënt like Spotify?

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
            I was surprised with my first bug report to WineHQ just a while ago.. it was fixed and released to devel within a few weeks. I was also able to build from source + candidate patch in like 30 min due to decent documentation. Kudos to Wine project for that, although I suspect "heavier" bugs get sidelined for much longer.
            You got lucky or maybe it affected more people/software that you could imagine.

I still have open unresolved bug reports dating the early 00s in the Wine bug tracker.

Wine is open source but it's a lot more bespoke commercial software which means Wine developers are mostly working on things which are relevant for Codeweavers commercial customers.

Comment

Originally posted by poncho524 View Post
              Isn't that Apple Music Web Player?

Comment

this wine version in my case using dead rising 2 seems loss performance compared 9.0-rc1 (in both cases stay recording and with a trainer active)

9.0-rc1 Staging

9.0-rc2 Vanilla

However xaudio dont work correctly in some places like platinum strip and bigger areas (ambiental audio loss sometimes) and overrides in my case dont work too

Last edited by pinguinpc; 16 December 2023, 07:59 AM.

Comment

The EA desktop app is a source of a lot of frustration for me. Hopefully this will be resolved fully in the coming year. Right now, I only get it to work reliably when compiling Mesa with GCC, but not with Clang (it could be a mis-compile with Clang in Mesa with the aggressive flags I use or something else).

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

Isn't that Apple Music Web Player?
                    The web player isnt feature complete. Primarily there is no shuffle option from the library, which I almost exclusively use.

Comment

Working...
                    X