Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6 Beta 2 Released For Testing

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6 Beta 2 Released For Testing

For those with some extra time on your hands around the holidays, the second beta of the upcoming KDE Plasma 6.0 desktop along with KDE Gear applications and KDE Frameworks 6.0 is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has the Sticky Keys functionality under Wayland been completed in this version? That is the last blocker for Plasma 6 Wayland by default. I checked the bug report but I didn't see any further merges or updates.

Comment

I had one issue with beta 1: while watching a video I opened a konsole window next to it but the whole system crashed because I moused over the konsole item in task bar (when the window preview popped up), although audio continued to play. I think I saw an item related to this in one of Nate's recent blog posts so hopefully that's fixed, although I can live without window previews. Otherwise Plasma 6 is looking good to me!

Comment

Does NVIDIA + Wayland + KDE Plasma 6.0 work?

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          I'm currently running Plasma 6 Beta 2 using the Nvidia proprietary driver on Wayland.
          Works amazingly well on my NixOS machine and a lot better than Plasma 5 with this similar configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by arboy84 View Post
            Has the Sticky Keys functionality under Wayland been completed in this version? That is the last blocker for Plasma 6 Wayland by default. I checked the bug report but I didn't see any further merges or updates.
            Imho it will be "ready" by Plasma 6.0, not ready.
            Anyway, glad you finally found the password to your phoronix account.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
              I've been using it since beta 1. It works pretty well and stable. It is not without issues, but many of them are related to it being beta. I haven't notice any graphic anomalies that I can tie to it being wayland specifically. 4080 btw.

Comment

It will always be a tricky system since Wayland isn't orthogonal and can never evolve without breaking itself.

Comment

I wonder if window shading works on wayland now?

Comment

That cube they like to show should have a top and a bottom as real cubes have.
                    And they show allow people to set different wallpapers for each side to make it much more recognizable the side you want to switch to.

Cool that also their membership drive is getting there:
                    Keep us Going! You helped us reach our goal of getting KDE supporters to 1000 and beyond!

Hopefully that means they can afford to hire 1-2 more persons and fix more bug and make sure HDR support works well in more cases.
                    It would've been nice if Valve donated a few OLED Steam Decks too to their developers.
                    That way the KDE developers could've easily tested both HDR and touchscreens.

Comment

Working...
                    X