LuxCoreRender 2.8 Alpha Released With Initial Blender 4.x Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuxCoreRender 2.8 Alpha Released With Initial Blender 4.x Integration

Phoronix: LuxCoreRender 2.8 Alpha Released With Initial Blender 4.x Integration

LuxCoreRender as the open-source (Apache 2.0) physically based renderer is working on its next major release. While LuxCore can be used standalone both via its own UI and a console, there is Blender integration too with Blender 4.x support being one of the main focal points of the v2.8 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cycles is far from perfect, it’s still pretty slow and it outputs very unconventional aovs.

I think that opensource CGI needs more contributions to Cycles to professionalize it than third party pathtracers.

I understand that contributing your own project and contributing to big blender are way different feels but I just think that talented dev should focus on making the underdog the best rather than making even more alternative solutions.

Comment

Working...
    X