OpenCV 4.9 Brings DNN Module Enhancements, Orbbec Gemini 2 Camera Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCV 4.9 Brings DNN Module Enhancements, Orbbec Gemini 2 Camera Support

Phoronix: OpenCV 4.9 Brings DNN Module Enhancements, Orbbec Gemini 2 Camera Support

OpenCV 4.9 released on Friday as the newest version of this widely-used, open-source computer vision (CV) library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Speaking of depth cameras, does anyone know the status of the Azure Kinect dev kit? It's listed as out-of-stock, and I believe MS has been shutting down a lot of their VR/AR efforts. Is it defunct? That'd be a shame, since the sample depth maps I've seen from it are far and away the cleanest looking I've seen from device of the sort!

I'm happy to see that Intel RealSense cameras are still available. Unfortunately, the depth maps I've seen from them don't look nearly as clean as from Azure Kinect.

Comment

Originally posted by rene
      One Linux distribution is shipping it already: https://t2sde.org/packages/opencv
      "One distribution" you mean your distribution? Why not just say that instead of deceptively referring to it in third person? I don't think there's anything nefarious going on but it's a really bad look. Just say it's yours.

"On Google Video you can find a interview with René Rebe, the founder of T2 SDE Linux, at the LinuxTag which was made by Kushal Das.​

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post
        "One distribution" you mean your distribution? Why not just say that instead of deceptively referring to it in third person?
        I think you scared him away.

Comment

Working...
        X