Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 24.2 RC1 Free Software Office Suite Released

Phoronix: LibreOffice 24.2 RC1 Free Software Office Suite Released

Ahead of the planned release at the start of February, the release candidate of LibreOffice 24.2 is now available for this leading free software office suite to rival Microsoft Office predominantly on Linux systems as well as other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's January, why the fuck it's a .2?
    Where / when it was the .1?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      It's January, why the fuck it's a .2?
      Where / when it was the .1?
      Stable is out in February... To be succeeded by LibreOffice 24.8 in August.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Stable is out in February... To be succeeded by LibreOffice 24.8 in August.
        Oh, that makes sense, thanks!

I guess I need to get used to point releases meaning the month number and the fact that even before the stable is released it will have that number.

Comment

i wish they'd bring back the floppy disk for the save button. always messes me up. so silly

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
            i wish they'd bring back the floppy disk for the save button. always messes me up. so silly
            Choose Colibre icon theme. The standard theme is kinda ugly anyway.

Comment

Skia Vulkan Wayland when?

Comment

I hope they fix the totally broken copy and past system

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: LibreOffice 24.2 RC1 Free Software Office Suite Released

Ahead of the planned release at the start of February, the release candidate of LibreOffice 24.2 is now available for this leading free software office suite to rival Microsoft Office predominantly on Linux systems as well as other platforms...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/LibreOffice-24.2-RC1
                  I think it's also worth mentioning the work of Stephan Bergmann - from Allotropia - that made available for Windows - FINALLY - an Auto-Update option based on Mozilla's MAR system, currently hidden in Experimental.

With this enabled, LibreOffice will keep itself updated automatically every time a new version is out.

See:

best feature from 24.2 to me!​

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
                    Wait, what?
                    Why did they change it, are they crazy?
                    Pretty much all software that I know uses the flopy disk icon for the save button!

Comment

Working...
                    X