Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.0 Release Candidate Available For Testing

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0 Release Candidate Available For Testing

In working toward the stable release of Plasma 6.0 at the end of February, today marks the release candidate of Plasma 6.0 along with the updated Qt6-ported KDE Gear apps and KDE Frameworks 6.0 that comprise the "KDE 6th Megarelease" software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, tried to send you something via DM, but says that your quota has been exceeded! :-)

Anyways, see this: https://www.dexerto.com/tech/ayaneo-next-lite-revealed-it-uses-one-of-the-steam-decks-best-features-2468869/

and

Founded in 2020, AYANEO is a revolutionary brand for portable gaming consoles. Our team consists of passionate gamers and tech-savvy experts who want to provide gamers with the most advanced and up-to-date gaming experiences. We’ve developed a line of powerful and portable gaming handhelds, with the latest Windows operating system and the latest gaming technologies pre-installed. Our motto, “Real gamers know gamers,” reflects our commitment to creating a community of gamers around the world, while providing the best gaming experiences to gamers everywhere. We are constantly challenging the status quo, innovating and creating products that push the boundaries of gaming technology, so that gamers can always have the best experience.

And then feel free to erase this post.
    Last edited by NeoMorpheus; 10 January 2024, 02:17 PM.

Comment

The stable release of Plasma 6 could even be released in the first days of February in my opinion.

I would like to know if Plasma 6 Wayland session allows Nvidia proprietary driver to run.
      Last edited by MorrisS.; 10 January 2024, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I'm curious to try it, but losing compatibility with Event Calendar is quite problematic for me

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
          The stable release of Plasma 6 should be even released in the first days of February in my opinion.

I would like to know whether Plasma 6 Wayland session allows Nvidia proprietary driver to run.
          You mean whether Nvidia proprietary driver will allow Plasma session to run. This is something Nvidia is solely in control of.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            The stable release of Plasma 6 should be even released in the first days of February in my opinion.
            So, released before it is scheduled to be ready? That does not seem like a good choice to me. This is a big enough release that extensive real world testing and bug squashing is important.

I would like to know whether Plasma 6 Wayland session allows Nvidia proprietary driver to run.
            It should, although you may need to install some additional libraries depending on your distro's various dependency resolution processes (egl-wayland is required to be installed).

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

You mean whether Nvidia proprietary driver will allow Plasma session to run. This is something Nvidia is solely in control of.
              As a good Ngreedia victim, err fanboi, he needs to make sure to point fingers at everyone but Ngreedia.

Comment

any chance for an ubuntu repo?

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Nvidia's proprietary driver has no problems with Windows, Mate, XFCE, Gnome; if there was was problem with the Nvidia driver it would most certainly be a Plasma issue.
                  Last edited by sophisticles; 10 January 2024, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Nvidia's proprietary driver has no problems with Windows, Mate, XFCE, Gnome;l if there was was problem with the Nvidia driver it would most certainly be a Plasma issue.
                    ​You'd be surprised the amount of issues Gnome's wayland session has/had with the nvidia driver

Comment

Working...
                    X