Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS Improves Zoned Block Device Support With Linux 6.8

Phoronix: F2FS Improves Zoned Block Device Support With Linux 6.8

In addition to the Bcachefs changes for Linux 6.8, the Flash-Friendly File-System (F2FS) changes have also been separately submitted for the ongoing Linux 6.8 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do android phones come with f2fs, or it's just Samsung thing?

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
      Do android phones come with f2fs, or it's just Samsung thing?
      Many android phones use F2FS on data partition. not just Samsung.

Comment

Unfortunately it isn't possible to mount a f2fs partition on a Samsung phone, at least when I tried a year ago, which IMO makes little sense when the kernel supports it.

Comment

I used to run F2FS for a while but have since moved back to EXT4, the worse data recovery and questionable performance benefit's make me move to the more known reliable option. Any compelling reason to still use it?

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post
            I used to run F2FS for a while but have since moved back to EXT4, the worse data recovery and questionable performance benefit's make me move to the more known reliable option. Any compelling reason to still use it?
            My main reason for using F2FS was wear leveling for reliability when I install Linux on SD cards. But I see that most consumer SD cards have hardware wear leveling now. So I have been just using ext4 recently. Though I choose "endurance" type SD cards.

Comment

I really hope that in next filesystem benchmarks Michael will show non-synthetic real world random write, random reads and file transfer tests on XFS, F2FS and ZFS - on the same new NVMe hardware!

Comment

Working...
              X