Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Llamafile 0.7 Brings AVX-512 Support: 10x Faster Prompt Eval Times For AMD Zen 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llamafile 0.7 Brings AVX-512 Support: 10x Faster Prompt Eval Times For AMD Zen 4

Phoronix: Llamafile 0.7 Brings AVX-512 Support: 10x Faster Prompt Eval Times For AMD Zen 4

A new release of Llamafile is available this Easter Sunday from the Mozilla Ocho group. Llamafile is a means of distributing and running large language models (LLMs) from a single file, making LLMs much easier to distribute and use by developers and end-users. Llamafile remains one of the more interesting non-browser projects out of Mozilla in recent times that so far has a bright future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

//// various Windows improvements

Why would any clown want to run windows when they spying on you and your activities since win10

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

Why would any clown want to run windows when they spying on you and your activities since win10
      Because Linux is not so easy to use.

Also, nice attempt to derail the thread

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

What thread? This news article gets no attention.

I disagree about easy of use, but OK. Offtopic crap is unwelcome, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

Because there are different types of "clowns":

You have the clowns that believe that Linux is a secure OS despite one article after another exposing one venerability after another,

Then you have the clowns that have a somewhat technical background that know it's easy to disable the Win 10/11 telemetry.

Finally you have the "clowns" that know what they are doing and setup these types of specialized workstations on a private network.

Meaning, if you know what you are doing you can use even the most half-baked, insecure OS, like your average Linux distro and you will be perfectly safe.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Because there are different types of "clowns":

You have the clowns that believe that Linux is a secure OS despite one article after another exposing one venerability after another,
            There's only one type of clowns - the ones who think there are systems without vulnerabilities. In comparison to Windows and macOS Linux' security is much better. I can show you dozens of critical remote vulnerabilities on Windows right now. I've already done this many times, but your troll's brain seems to be forgetting facts.

Then you have the clowns that have a somewhat technical background that know it's easy to disable the Win 10/11 telemetry.
            It's not possible clown, but you can try and prove me wrong.

Meaning, if you know what you are doing you can use even the most half-baked, insecure OS, like your average Linux distro and you will be perfectly safe.
            An average Linux distro is more secure than Windows 11 enterprise edition or whatever this crap is called. The difference is Windows is broken by design. It's insecure by design and it's spyware by definition.
            Last edited by Volta; 01 April 2024, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Linux is much easier to use than Windows and macOS. If it's too hard for you maybe you should go to some windows forum. You would fit better there with your windows fetish. When winboy clowns derail the thread you have no problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Linux is much easier to use than Windows and macOS. If it's too hard for you maybe you should go to some windows forum. You would fit better there with your windows fetish. When winboy clowns derail the thread you have no problem with that?
                You forgot I am using Linux and barely touch Windows at all.

Comment

You forgot I am using Linux and barely touch Windows at all.
                  You just said Linux is not so easy to use, so make up your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

You just said Linux is not so easy to use, so make up your mind.
                    For the average person, I mean.
                    With computer knowledge and passion it is possible to have a fully usable Linux desktop that outperforms Windows for the most part, but otherwise Average Joe would prefer a system that is ready to use out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                    X