Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NovaCustom Announces "Fastest Coreboot Laptops In The World" Built On Intel Core Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NovaCustom Announces "Fastest Coreboot Laptops In The World" Built On Intel Core Ultra

Phoronix: NovaCustom Announces "Fastest Coreboot Laptops In The World" Built On Intel Core Ultra

The Netherlands-based PC vendor NovaCustom that specializes in privacy/security minded hardware and user freedoms has announced their V54 and V56 laptops. These new laptops powered by Intel Core Ultra "Meteor Lake" SoCs are self-proclaimed as the fastest Coreboot laptops in the world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I got an Alder Lake laptop at work from NovaCustom last year with Dasharo Coreboot, I've really been liking it. The full sized HDMI port and the built in Ethernet port are so nice to have in this era of laptops with such minimal ports.
    Last edited by andyprough; 03 April 2024, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Are these also Clevo laptops?

Comment

this is a tough product to beat for AMD since nothing like coreboot exists in that camp. They should open up their platform enough that something similar can be built.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
          this is a tough product to beat for AMD since nothing like coreboot exists in that camp. They should open up their platform enough that something similar can be built.
          OpenSIL exists

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
            OpenSIL exists
            do you know where are the significant difference between coreboot and OpenSIL ?
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post

OpenSIL exists
              How many laptops are there utilizing OpenSIL? Zero?

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
                How many laptops are there utilizing OpenSIL? Zero?
                Shouldn't be a problem - just replace your laptop's Ryzen with an Epyc server chip. We all know how to solder, right?

Comment

Let me preface this by saying I am not kidding with what I am about to say.

I absolutely love everything about this.

The website is professionally coded, responsive, stylish and well laid out.

Their prices are very competitive, I decided to max out a laptop, with 96gb ram, 8tb NVMe. 2.5k 16" screen, and an 8gb RTX 4070, $3700.

Best of all they allow you to install the OS of your choice, any Linux distro, Windows or a dual boot.

Hey, System76 and Tinybox, if you guys happen to run across this thread, this is how you run a business and how you attract customers!!!

I normally look for HP systems on sale and then upgrade them but if i was in the market for a laptop preconfigured, these are the people i would reach out to.

Comment

Starts to throttle at 75 degrees instead of 90. Is this a good idea? I know it will run cooler but together with the fans running low, won't performance be affected? Or is this only on battery power?

Comment

Working...
                    X