LLVM's BOLT Being Adapted To Analyze Security Hardening Of Binaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM's BOLT Being Adapted To Analyze Security Hardening Of Binaries

Phoronix: LLVM's BOLT Being Adapted To Analyze Security Hardening Of Binaries

LLVM's BOLT is an amazing tool for optimizing the layout of binaries and in turn can lead to some mighty useful performance improvements. But now an Arm compiler engineer has taken to leveraging BOLT for creating a binary analysis tool to vet the correctness of security hardening options...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

BOLT is a great tool. I really wish whomever it was that posted the golang patches two years ago would manage to get them merged upstream soon.

Comment

Originally posted by npwx View Post
      BOLT is a great tool. I really wish whomever it was that posted the golang patches two years ago would manage to get them merged upstream soon.
      Do you happen to have a link to those? I'd like to take a look and given that TinyGo is LLVM based this might be a more viable target to do a PoC on that could make its way upstream.

Comment

Hats off to this developer. This is something very useful.

Comment

Security based on good faith and best intentions.

Comment

Working...
          X