Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framework Hiring For Open-Source Firmware Development

Phoronix: Framework Hiring For Open-Source Firmware Development

Framework Computer as the company behind the popular Framework 13 and Framework 16 upgradeable/modular laptops is hiring for an open-source firmware developer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

based

Comment

im glad they are trying to work on coreboot finally, will be amazing to try to get coreboot onto framework laptops.

Comment

Hopefully, the news spread far in the FOSS community specifically, so there is a higher chance they hire someone with coreboot experience :3

Comment

Framework suddenly became MUCH more interesting.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            Framework suddenly became MUCH more interesting.
            Not yet, remember this is in just “Nice to haves” it not a requirement to know about coreboot, that why we should share the article with more people so more coreboot people potentially apply for the job.

Comment

I wouldn’t know what « Twitter/X » is but they did announce it on Mastodon : https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomp...30861002849512

Comment

Given the framework track record on this I think I’ll wait until I see them actually deliver something

Comment

Originally posted by vextium View Post
                  Hopefully, the news spread far in the FOSS community specifically, so there is a higher chance they hire someone with coreboot experience :3
                  If framework is serious, perhaps they should post it to the jobs board on the coreboot website and/or work with one of the coreboot development consultants (also available on the coreboot website).

Comment

Well that's nice for those who have access to their machines... Sadly it seems like they've decided not to expand availability here in Europe. Their excuse is that they'd have to conform to all kinds of new national laws and regulations in all these countries as if they've never heard of the EU, the common market and common product and consumer safety laws. The whole idea that the same rules they have to follow in places like Germany and France, where they do sell their machines, are the exact same they can't be bothered with if they expand sales to Scandinavia

Comment

Working...
                    X