Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 24.04 Beta Now Available For Testing

Phoronix: Ubuntu 24.04 Beta Now Available For Testing

The Ubuntu 24.04 beta release is now available for testing ahead of the official release later this month for this new Long Term Support release of Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So how many packages were actually different after being recompiled?

Comment

Darn ... Wanted to be first
      Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

"ubuntu discourse" does not work, it just animates some circles on the screen. Is there an actual static web page to link to instead of that crap?

edit: this should probably be equivalent to beta: https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20240410.2/
        Last edited by varikonniemi; 11 April 2024, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
          "ubuntu discourse" does not work, it just animates some circles on the screen. Is there an actual static web page to link to instead of that crap?

edit: this should probably be equivalent to beta: https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20240410.2/
          It worked earlier today, but seems to be down now indeed. Getting 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

It worked earlier today, but seems to be down now indeed. Getting 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
            It's back up now.

Comment

I wonder how many of the explicit sync patches will land in 24.04

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
                I wonder how many of the explicit sync patches will land in 24.04
                Gnome's and KDE's won't make it. Hell, Kubuntu will still be on 5.27. Although no doubt more updated versions will be available on the backports PPA

Comment

Originally posted by IanW View Post

It's back up now.
                  yes the "discourse" page is up now. But clicking on the download link results in not found.

How can ubuntu be this bad?

Comment

I am using Ubuntu 24.04 (development) and I like it a lot, it is really nice. But I wish it was possible to fully remove X.Org Server and XWayland so I can have a purely Wayland system.

Comment

Working...
                    X