Linux AMDGPU Control Application Adds vBIOS Dumping, Fan Control Hysteresis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux AMDGPU Control Application Adds vBIOS Dumping, Fan Control Hysteresis

Phoronix: Linux AMDGPU Control Application Adds vBIOS Dumping, Fan Control Hysteresis

LACT 0.5.4 is out as the open-source and independently developed "Linux AMDGPU Control Application" for this community AMD Linux graphics driver control panel option given the lack of any official Radeon GUI management solution from AMD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've played around with previous versions and it is quite the nice piece of software. a bit sad that it uses GTK and not a native rust gui, but the code base is set up to easily facilitate more guis if someone wanted to say make a cosmic port.

also I need something like this for the DG2 cards

Comment

btw can you turn off amd dgpu on laptops? to only use igpu everywhere? i know amd has something similar to nvidia advance optimus but can't find anywhere if you can turn off the dgpu

Comment

Sweet.
        openSUSE TW
        Polaris 20

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          btw can you turn off amd dgpu on laptops? to only use igpu everywhere? i know amd has something similar to nvidia advance optimus but can't find anywhere if you can turn off the dgpu
          The dGPU is dynamically powered up and down depending on whether it's being used or not.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

The dGPU is dynamically powered up and down depending on whether it's being used or not.
            and no way to turn it off? like how u can do with nvida + mux

Comment

and no way to turn it off? like how u can do with nvida + mux
              It's off by default unless you have something actively using it. For example, if you run a game on the dGPU, the driver will dynamically turn it on when the work comes in and when the work is complete the driver will turn it off again. If you don't use the dGPU for anything (e.g., run your game on the iGPU), the dGPU will stay off.
              Last edited by agd5f; 22 April 2024, 04:46 PM.

Comment

It's really nice looking, but functionality wise i think corectrl is a bit ahead. And in addition it also supports CPU control from same software which is a big +

Comment

It's the same as with Nvidia, on right click you have an option to run an app with dGPU or without.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                    Ia bit sad that it uses GTK and not a native rust gui
                    Is there even such a thing? And then, wouldn't you want that running on a rust compositor or even a fully rust desktop environment?
                    You know what, maybe we should just use Redox.

Comment

Working...
                    X