Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DH87RL Haswell H87

Phoronix: Intel DH87RL Haswell H87

For those Linux desktop users in the market for a micro-ATX motherboard for use with the latest-generation Haswell processors, the Intel DH87RL motherboard costs a little more than $100 USD and gets along mostly well with modern Linux distributions.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi.
    I have the same motherboard only with 4770s + Samsung 840Pro for about a month. Now my system runs OpenSuse 12.3 with Kernel 3.10 and Mesa 9.2git. Non problems what so ever. Runs like a dream.
    About shutdown issue. It only appears if you mainboard is set to wake up from LAN. After disabling it, system works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by hexems View Post
      Hi.
      I have the same motherboard only with 4770s + Samsung 840Pro for about a month. Now my system runs OpenSuse 12.3 with Kernel 3.10 and Mesa 9.2git. Non problems what so ever. Runs like a dream.
      About shutdown issue. It only appears if you mainboard is set to wake up from LAN. After disabling it, system works like a charm.
      My Gigabyte motherboard also has the ACPI reboot issue at times.

Comment

H87

This motherboard have the H87 chipset which is targeted at business.
        Most home users and PC enthusiasts would want the Z87 chipset.

H87 have Intel Active Management, Trusted Execution, VT-d and vPro Technology.
        Z87 have overclocking ability.

Comment

What does this board do if you try to enter halt state instead of power-off?

Comment

Errata: The board has four DDR3 DIMM slots, not two.

Comment

Was the board tested in EFI mode or not?

Comment

Working...
              X