GTX 750 Maxwell Acceleration Starts Working On Nouveau With Linux 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 750 Maxwell Acceleration Starts Working On Nouveau With Linux 4.1

Phoronix: GTX 750 Maxwell Acceleration Starts Working On Nouveau With Linux 4.1

While the Nouveau developers remain blocked by NVIDIA on bringing up accelerated support for the GeForce GTX 900 series, with the forthcoming Linux 4.1 kernel there is initial GeForce GTX 750 "Maxwell" accelerated support out-of-the-box...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

FWIW the reason that you only get GL 3.0 is because the nouveau ddx's glamor usage is somehow messed up, and GLX_ARB_create_context_profile doesn't get exposed, so you can't create a core context. No idea why. I believe you can force EXA and then somehow tell it to do all the EXA in software, or maybe even setting AccelMode to None will work.

I have patches for enabling EXA with maxwell, but they're incomplete, and I keep forgetting to finish them up.

Note that this isn't a shortcoming of GLAMOR but rather of how the nouveau ddx integrates it.

Comment

Hip Hi Ho ray ! !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
        Hip Hi Ho ray ! !!
        I wish I could upvote your comment.

Comment

wWhat about GTX850M ?

Comment

Hey guys, i have GeForce GTX 750. Bought it couple months ago, and experience in linux was just horror. Window dragging in Gnome 3, tearing issues, etc...

Why is the GTX 750 so specific?

Since i read here: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Linux-4.1-Try
            „I don't recall this problem recently with Nouveau on non-GTX750 setups...“

And do you have any tips for improving performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Cvetan View Post
              Hey guys, i have GeForce GTX 750. Bought it couple months ago, and experience in linux was just horror. Window dragging in Gnome 3, tearing issues, etc...

Why is the GTX 750 so specific?

Since i read here: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Linux-4.1-Try
              „I don't recall this problem recently with Nouveau on non-GTX750 setups...“

And do you have any tips for improving performance?
              Switch to the proprietary driver.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The issues i am talking about are with proprietary driver. With nouveau it is unusable, beacuse of text rendering issues i don't see half of menues, text of all king...

Comment

Working...
                X