Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake Linux CPU Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 6600K Skylake Linux CPU Benchmarks

Earlier this week I began my Intel Skylake Linux benchmarking by posting some initial results from the HD Graphics 530, the new Intel "Gen9" graphics. While more Intel Linux HD Graphics 530 results are on the way, completed for this weekend are the initial CPU benchmark results comparing the Core i5 6600K to various other Intel Haswell/Broadwell processors as well as some AMD APUs and CPUs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And that h264 benchmark explains why my A10-7850k has such a hard time with streaming. Thank ya, Michael.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

ofc it runs better than i7s in many tests that are singlethreaded, in fact half of the tests are singlethreaded.
      when it comes to utilizing more cores i7 will pull ahead as well as AMD FX lineup will catch up

Comment

Michael, you asked me last time to provide you with an example of images not resizing properly. This is the case for these results, at least on firefox mobile. This isn't an issue with chrome, nor dolphin (but the latter has always been very liberal with page layout).
        Last edited by M@yeulC; 23 August 2015, 03:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
          ofc it runs better than i7s in many tests that are singlethreaded, in fact half of the tests are singlethreaded.
          when it comes to utilizing more cores i7 will pull ahead as well as AMD FX lineup will catch up

only in your dreams

Comment

Michael can you please do some APU benchmarks?

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
              Michael can you please do some APU benchmarks?
              Did you not look at the review? There are APU benchmarks in there.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                Michael, you asked me last time to provide you with an example of images not resizing properly. This is the case for these results, at least on firefox mobile. This isn't an issue with chrome, nor dolphin (but the latter has always been very liberal with page layout).
                What he ^ said. On Firefox Mobile all openbenchmarking images get rendered at an absolute size and whatever doesnt fit in the view just gets rendered off the page... which if you could scroll them would be fine, but since the Phoronix layout doesnt let you resize or scroll horizontally then you just get cut images. Can send you screenshots, Michael.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Your FX-8370 performs much worse than my FX-8350 for some reason. (No, I'm not saying that FX-8370 should be able to match the Intels in most cases)
                  I just found it odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

What he ^ said. On Firefox Mobile all openbenchmarking images get rendered at an absolute size and whatever doesnt fit in the view just gets rendered off the page... which if you could scroll them would be fine, but since the Phoronix layout doesnt let you resize or scroll horizontally then you just get cut images. Can send you screenshots, Michael.
                    Screenshots please.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X