No announcement yet.

8-Way ARM Board Linux Benchmark Comparison From The Pi Zero & ODROID To Tegra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-Way ARM Board Linux Benchmark Comparison From The Pi Zero & ODROID To Tegra

Phoronix: 8-Way ARM Board Linux Benchmark Comparison From The Pi Zero & ODROID To Tegra

For those interested in small, low-power ARM single-board computers, up for your viewing pleasure today are benchmarks of several different boards from the Raspberry Pi Zero to the Banana Pi M2.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have two ODROID C1 one of them being a C1+. If you take into account that they offer real Gigabit Ethernet, Android, eMMC support (if SD Cards are too slow for you) I think they offer the best value for money. It also supports more video codecs than the RPi. I only wish it could boot a stock upstream kernel with open source Mali GPU driver and full GPU acceleration.

There are some people working on supporting more recent kernels.

Comment

Odroid C1 used to cost $35 (currently C1+ is 37$) so where did you get the $45 number from?
      Last edited by Shimon; 13 January 2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
        Odroid C1 used to cost $35 (currently C1+ is 37$) so where did you get the $45 number from?
        The prices told to me by LoverPi representative.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When you talk about ARM boards, energy consumption is usually relevant, too. Would the RPiZero perform so well when you look at the performance/Dollar/Watt?

Comment

In that case where did you get the $37 number from in the opening paragraph? Oh, and good luck getting a Zero for $5.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              I have two ODROID C1 one of them being a C1+. If you take into account that they offer real Gigabit Ethernet, Android, eMMC support (if SD Cards are too slow for you) I think they offer the best value for money. It also supports more video codecs than the RPi. I only wish it could boot a stock upstream kernel with open source Mali GPU driver and full GPU acceleration.

There are some people working on supporting more recent kernels.

http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=9105
              My Odroid randomly seg-faulted when launching apt-get even with heatsinks and no overclocking. I eventually threw it away and replaced it with a Raspberry Pi B 2 that has been rock solid. I wonder if Odroid cut one too many corners to achieve price parity with the R-Pi?

Comment

Which of these boards are closest to upstream kernel support?
                Some of these boards run a really old kernel and I wouldn't hold my breath for an update (written on a Nvidia Tegra 3 based tablet...)

Comment

To Shimon:

Obviously LoverPi told michael the average price. Not the lowest price.

Edit: sorry about the double post, there was a network error
                  Last edited by zuxun; 13 January 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                    I have two ODROID C1 one of them being a C1+. If you take into account that they offer real Gigabit Ethernet, Android, eMMC support (if SD Cards are too slow for you) I think they offer the best value for money.
                    http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=9105
                    ODROID C1+, Banana Pi M2, and Orange Pi Plus support gigabit ethernet and android. Orange Pi Plus has 8GB onboard eMMC. eMMC for ODROID C1+ are pretty expensive still.

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
                    Add in shipping, duty, labeling and packaging costs.

There's a lot of vendors making great things.

Comment

Working...
                    X