NVIDIA Rolls Out 370 Linux Driver Beta, Adds Pascal Under/Over-Clocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Rolls Out 370 Linux Driver Beta, Adds Pascal Under/Over-Clocking

Phoronix: NVIDIA Rolls Out 370 Linux Driver Beta, Adds Pascal Under/Over-Clocking

NVIDIA this morning rolled out the first Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD driver beta in their 370 driver series. There's good stuff in here for Pascal GPU owners...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anybody know the status of proper Optimus support with the proprietary NVIDIA driver?

Comment

Excellent work! I'm eager to try out some Pascal overclocking now that the feature is available.

Additionally, the GTX 1060 works fine with 367.35 drivers too since I've been using those drivers with my GTX 1060 for quite a while. Maybe the 'official' support will add additional features with the new revision.

Comment

Originally posted by zx2c4 View Post
        Does anybody know the status of proper Optimus support with the proprietary NVIDIA driver?
        Supported and working well for the last 5 years.

Run-time GPU switch still no supported because of limitations of the X11 architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by wagaf View Post

Supported and working well for the last 5 years.

Run-time GPU switch still no supported because of limitations of the X11 architecture.
          first thing: untrue, (if you think that an always one dedicated gpu means "working optimus" I don't want you ever be part of a QA team. Don't lie to yourself)
          second thing: also untrue. (yeah, and that's why open drivers support that already )

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

first thing: untrue, (if you think that an always one dedicated gpu means "working optimus" I don't want you ever be part of a QA team. Don't lie to yourself)
            second thing: also untrue. (yeah, and that's why open drivers support that already )
            the problem for proper optimus is x11 and intel drivers

Comment

This drivers have same opengl 2016 extensions founded in 367.36.02 with another things as geforce 1xxx Mobile support

Comment

they are working with kernel 4.8

Comment

Originally posted by zx2c4 View Post
                  Good news! The latest 370.23 beta driver release (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/105855/en-us) contains initial, experimental support for PRIME Synchronization! For reasons explained below the functionality can’t be officially supported yet, but if you’re brave enough, all the pieces are there to try it out. I noticed that there is some confusion about what exactly PRIME is and how it works. In addition to explaining how to set up PRIME Synchronization, I’m taking this opport...

Comment

And what about mobile G-Sync support? still missing? :-|
                    Hi guys. Is there any information on whether Mobile G-Sync is supported or on the way? I’ve got a Clevo P750DM-G, 1080p@60hz G-Sync eDP panel, 970M, Mint 17.3 running the latest 4.5 Kernel and 364.12 drivers (that was some mucking around…). No G-Sync option in Nvidia Settings. Similarly, I noticed the Windows drivers lack G-Sync support for this laptop in the latest iteration (364.72) and I had to roll back to 362.00 in Win10. I’m guessing there’s a list of G-Sync enabled BIOS cookies that ...

Comment

Working...
                    X