Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Early Look At Possible Changes/Features For PHP 7.2, PHP 8.0

Phoronix: An Early Look At Possible Changes/Features For PHP 7.2, PHP 8.0

PHP developer Pascal Martin has offered an early look at possible changes and new features for PHP 7.2 along with very early contenders for PHP 8.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeah, but no native support for enums, you have to use SplEnum class.

No support for method/class/property decorators.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Yeah, but no native support for enums, you have to use SplEnum class.
      That one really sucks, php not having decent enums support.

On the features side it seems that JIT implementation is been cooked for PHP 8.0 http://externals.io/thread/268

Comment

I hope for distributions stabilising PHP 7.0. So far it's been a pain for Gentoo packagers...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          I hope for distributions stabilising PHP 7.0. So far it's been a pain for Gentoo packagers...
          It's been fine under debian based distros - everything is co installable too

at the moment I am waiting patiently for 7.1 to drop and be stable. nullable return types and parameters are going to make my code that much nicer!
          Last edited by boxie; 15 September 2016, 09:44 AM. Reason: Because I am a premium subscriber and can edit, i did

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
            On the features side it seems that JIT implementation is been cooked for PHP 8.0 http://externals.io/thread/268
            that looks interesting

Comment

I want a global server array whose data is always in the server's memory and accessible to all scripts. Each script can be changed. Like $ GLOBALS $ _SERVER $ _GET $ _POST $ _FILES $ _COOKIE $ _SESSION $ _REQUEST $ _ENV Only he always is and works on the speed as local. Why do I want to make a php game server. A map of the world must be stored for all players

Comment

I want a global server array whose data is always in the server's memory and accessible to all scripts. Each script can be changed. Like GLOBALS _SERVER _GET $ _POST,_SESSION an other. Only he always is and works on the speed as local. Why do I want to make a php game server. A map of the world must be stored for all players.

Comment

I want a global server array whose data is always in the server's memory and accessible to all scripts. Each script can be changed. Like GLOBALS _SERVER _GET $ _POST,_SESSION an other. Only he always is and works on the speed as local. Why do I want to make a php game server. A map of the world must be stored for all players.

Comment

Delete 2 my last post pls server bug

Comment

Working...
                    X