Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS File-System Gaining Multiple Device Support

Phoronix: F2FS File-System Gaining Multiple Device Support

The lead developer of the Flash-Friendly File-System, Jaegeuk Kim, has published a patch implementing multiple device support for F2FS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

NICE! but still waiting for COW-Support

Comment

Would solve the issues with microSD card slots on stuff like Android.

Comment

Would it be accurate to call this JBOD RAID?

Comment

I have the urge to call the F2FS the F3S or if File-system was one word simply F3

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
            Neah, I think Google messed that up for good when they added the "adopt" feature.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              Slow ports are slow ports so don't expect a magic bullet. It might help if you make a single volume with internal and external partitions (data + some partition in sdcard) though.

The most important part is that it would allow people to easily enlarge the data partition in the external SD without doing ROM modifications (if the kernel has f2fs driver, anyway), which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                Would it be accurate to call this JBOD RAID?
                Dunno, it depends on how it deals with data. If loss of a disk means only the data on it is lost (no striping no mirroring) then it can be called Union mount or Union filesystem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_mount

If it is storing data chunks across all disks it might be a RAID 0 too.

If you know more of how it allocates data around, please tell.

Comment

think its more on the lines of RAID0 except it knows more abt flash media and tries to optimise IO.

Comment

I'm still waiting to be able to boot my Linux distro from an F2FS partition

Comment

Working...
                    X