Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU+RadeonSI With Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, One Week Later

Phoronix: AMDGPU+RadeonSI With Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, One Week Later

Last week marked the highly anticipated release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Linux. At launch it only offered official support for NVIDIA GPUs on Linux with the AMD support being less than stellar. While the open-source Linux graphics driver Git code is quick to move along and adapt for new games, a new Phoronix Premium member requested some tests for seeing how the latest code is now working for this demanding AAA Linux game ported by Feral Interactive.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Good test maybe can add to regular tests ?

Comment

With Antergos Arch (mesa 13, llvm 3.9, kernel 4.8.6.1) I'm getting seemingly perfect rendering and better performance with HD7770 2GB (typically between 15-30 fps, depending on what area and what settings). I think the issue here is more specific to these cards you're testing with, not necessarily representative of RadeonSI in general.

Comment

Ouch. I knew it was slow, but I didn't know how slow... At least it provides a new target for someone doing profiling/optimization work...

Comment

ModplanMan so HD 7770 works better than RX480? Ouch...

Comment

Originally posted by ModplanMan View Post
            With Antergos Arch (mesa 13, llvm 3.9, kernel 4.8.6.1) I'm getting seemingly perfect rendering and better performance with HD7770 2GB (typically between 15-30 fps, depending on what area and what settings). I think the issue here is more specific to these cards you're testing with, not necessarily representative of RadeonSI in general.
            > llvm 3.9
            yes llvm 4.0 has regression, I mentioned about this in IRC 7-10 days ago

Comment

So git is borked again, is that a news?

Comment

Let's hope within the next weeks or months things will change a bit.

What exactly causes these visual glitches?
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                  What exactly causes these visual glitches?
                  ​​​
                  Since it is regression, bisecting llvm will tell you... well, llvm often breaks postprocessing and sometimes it is unrelated to amdgpu compiler but some changes in the core cause it.

Comment

30 fps at low quality 4k is pathetic
                    what's its speed on windows?

Comment

Working...
                    X