X.Org Server 1.19 Officially Released With A Year's Worth Of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.19 Officially Released With A Year's Worth Of Improvements

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.19 Officially Released With A Year's Worth Of Improvements

It's been more than one year since the release of X.Org Server 1.18 was released and several weeks past the planned release of X.Org Server 1.19, but nevertheless it's out there today under the "Cioppino" codename...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seems like I want to go for AMD for amdgpu. I've been thinking, though. The pointer-locking should work with virt-manager, right?

Comment

"The proprietary NVIDIA Linux driver will surely be updated shortly with support for the new video driver ABI."

That was four months ago.

AFAICT there is still no support.

Comment

Most likely, Nvidia was waiting for the final Xorg 1.19 release to issue a compatible driver.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
          Most likely, Nvidia was waiting for the final Xorg 1.19 release to issue a compatible driver.
          That would be nice. I want to run Fedora 25.

Comment

Has anything been removed from X.Org Server in this release?
            Is anything scheduled for removal in the next release?

Can the XWayland module be improved to provide a nicer, more integrated look and feel?
            So that the applications running throgh XWayland looks more native.
            Would a GTK themed window decorator be possible?
            Could it expose GtkHeaderBar?

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post

November 2nd,

Hi Keith, Can I consider the ABI frozen at this point, so we can get the ball rolling on official driver support? -- Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
                "The proprietary NVIDIA Linux driver will surely be updated shortly with support for the new video driver ABI."

That was four months ago.

AFAICT there is still no support.
                They were waiting for KeithP to confirm that the ABI is now finalized and no more breaks, discussion happened a few weeks ago on the mailing list.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Is there a way to use core profile on opengl drivers instead of compliant profile from mesa over x11 graphical compositor?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    Is there a way to use core profile on opengl drivers instead of compliant profile from mesa over x11 graphical compositor?
                    I'm not really sure what your question is, but the GL profile used depends on what the app asks for.

If the app uses the old API, they get a compatibility profile. If the app specifically asks for a compat profile, they get that. It only gets a core profile if it specifically asks for one, and if it does that it should always get it.

Comment

Working...
                    X