Early Benchmarks Of GCC 7 On Linux x86_64 With An Intel Core i7 6800K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Benchmarks Of GCC 7 On Linux x86_64 With An Intel Core i7 6800K

Phoronix: Early Benchmarks Of GCC 7 On Linux x86_64 With An Intel Core i7 6800K

With the GCC 7 compiler having entered its stage three, feature development is basically over so it's a great time to begin running more benchmarks of this big compiler update that will be officially released as GCC 7.1.0 in early 2017. Up today are benchmarks of the latest GCC 7.0 development snapshot compared to GCC 6.2 and GCC 5.4 on an Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E system running Ubuntu 16.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interresting results. Seems like GCC 7 is putting back performance against 6.

Last edited by Passso; 05 December 2016, 12:39 PM. Reason: Next time I will read more carefully the description itself

Comment

Any chance you can add some template-heavy c++ (c++11 if possible) projects to the 'timed compilation' benchmarks? I find that to be so much slower than C compilation that it's a lot more likely devs (including myself) would find those results more useful.

Comment

Dear Michael, if you find time there is fftw 3.5 out there, it would be worth testing :-)
        Besides, if you need more "scientific" test scenarios (gromacs, mafft, scimark and other stuff), I can provide you real data, this is my daily job as a scientist :-)
        Best

Comment

Working...
        X