Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collabora's Graphics Work So Far In 2017, They Are Working On Soft FP64 For Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collabora's Graphics Work So Far In 2017, They Are Working On Soft FP64 For Mesa

Phoronix: Collabora's Graphics Work So Far In 2017, They Are Working On Soft FP64 For Mesa

Collabora developer and longtime X.Org/Wayland contributor Daniel Stone has written a blog post detailing some of the recent and ongoing projects being led by the consulting firm when it comes to open-source graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like the sound of this: "... making it possible to write Vulkan-based compositors for the first time."

Comment

Originally posted by michael
      the work on the Intel Mesa shader cache
      I think you mean the radeonSI Mesa shader cache. The Intel bits have been dropped for now until someone from Intel decides to pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        I think you mean the radeonSI Mesa shader cache. The Intel bits have been dropped for now until someone from Intel decides to pick them up.
        No, Arceri left Collabora and joined Valve where he is now working on the RadeonSI shader cache. Arceri while he was at Collabora had been the one pushing the Intel shader cache effort due to Intel's relationship with Collabora.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No, Arceri left Collabora and joined Valve where he is now working on the RadeonSI shader cache. Arceri while he was at Collabora had been the one pushing the Intel shader cache effort due to Intel's relationship with Collabora.
          Ok, fair enough. In that case, it should say Collabora *was* involved with that project then, since they aren't anymore.

/nitpicking

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Ok, fair enough. In that case, it should say Collabora *was* involved with that project then, since they aren't anymore.

/nitpicking
            I left it that way since I don't know if Collabora will end up re-tasking someone else to work on the Intel shader cache, etc.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I want a general purpose (so it can handle fonts), 2d drawing library that accelerates both drawing and rasterization.
              Just target vulkan, forget trying to wedge in gl.

Edit: There was a dev at igalia who was working on a method to use gl, iirc, tesselation and batching, to accelerate rasterization.
              Last edited by liam; 01 March 2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I confuse Collabora with Igalia, both work on similar projects :P

Comment

Working...
                X