Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 5.0 Should Offer Better AMD Ryzen Performance

Phoronix: LLVM 5.0 Should Offer Better AMD Ryzen Performance

While LLVM 4.0 was just released earlier this week, for the LLVM 5.0 release six months down the road there should be better AMD Ryzen (Zen) performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

6 months ahead ... but definitely welcome. I hope gcc will see similar improvements soon(er). I guess the majority of self-compiled code is still made via gcc.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

News is coming out that it is not a scheduler problem

Comment

WTF? The article is about Windows 10...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
          https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...-Silver-Bullet
          This LLVM article isn't about the kernel scheduler, rather the compiler scheduler model.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

This LLVM article isn't about the kernel scheduler, rather the compiler scheduler model.

True but the problem here is people not recognizing that Ryzen as very new architecture. I would expect both operaing systems and compilers to show improved support over the next year. It is the way of the inustry since basically forever. Eventually support matures and we dont think About it any more.

What perplexes me though is who gets wound up over poor gaming performance. Especially on a processor that finally livesup to is billing. It seems like the negativity of the political world is spilling over into the world of AMD processors. Really guys we should be happy that Ryzen is doing so well against Intels crap. We need AMD!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

True but the problem here is people not recognizing that Ryzen as very new architecture. I would expect both operaing systems and compilers to show improved support over the next year. It is the way of the inustry since basically forever. Eventually support matures and we dont think About it any more.

What perplexes me though is who gets wound up over poor gaming performance. Especially on a processor that finally livesup to is billing. It seems like the negativity of the political world is spilling over into the world of AMD processors. Really guys we should be happy that Ryzen is doing so well against Intels crap. We need AMD!

Yep- you just love it when a carefully laid plan comes together. This Ryzen thingy has gotten off to a rock-solid start with very good performance, no bugs that Michael has yet turned up, good MB vendor support, good availability and competitive price. Looks like it will age very, very well.

Comment

I'm amazed with AMD Ryzen performance, the software is far from mature, with mobo issues and STILL defeats the highly optimized Intel performance

Comment

Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
                  https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...-Silver-Bullet
                  That article doesn't say what it thinks it says.

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

I agree (and I'm not any company's fanboy) with you except regarding the "negativity" being caused by politics. We should be happy, but people are fairly complicated: we adapt pretty well (says the frog), form "relationships" with abstract entities (hi APPLE!....LOVEME!!!!!!!), enjoy displaying dominance over others (microSUCK), and....you get the point.
                  Last edited by liam; 15 March 2017, 03:31 AM. Reason: decided to address two posts with one b/c I LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT MORE THAN YOU!

Comment

Working...
                  X