No announcement yet.

Libinput 1.7 Released With Support For Lid Switches, Scroll Wheel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.7 Released With Support For Lid Switches, Scroll Wheel Improvements

Phoronix: Libinput 1.7 Released With Support For Lid Switches, Scroll Wheel Improvements

Peter Hutterer has announced the new release of libinput 1.7.0 as the input handling library most commonly associated with Wayland systems but also with Ubuntu's Mir as well as the X.Org Server via the xf86-input-libinput driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any benchmarks for which has lower latency? Or tests done to see which is better for gaming? I've used both evdev and libinput for my mouse under Xorg and notice no practical difference (I disable mouse accel for both), but I wish I knew which was better for playing CSGO, where the better input latency and mouse precision you can get the better.

Comment

All your input are belong to libinput.

Comment

since OpenSUSE and Fedora switched to Libinput I am not able any more to enable/disable the 'tap to click' option in Gnome settings for my Dell Inspiron laptop: it literally disappeared.

Comment

Any idea when it will support smooth scrolling? Is this something that needs to come from libinput? Or from the DE instead?
          There is a HUGE difference between linux and Windows and Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
            since OpenSUSE and Fedora switched to Libinput I am not able any more to enable/disable the 'tap to click' option in Gnome settings for my Dell Inspiron laptop: it literally disappeared.
            Urgh. You have no idea how much that would grate on me. (I can easily imagine myself either allocating the next upcoming weekend to switching distros or disabling the touchpad entirely and resorting to always pulling out one of the $3 "hides in a closed fist" USB optical mice I got my mother.)

(I grew up on Thinkpads and, by the time touchpads had started to replace microjoysticks and trackballs, I'd moved to multi-head desktops and, later, an OpenPandora palmtop, which allows the analog sticks to control the mouse when not in a game. I constantly end up accidentally touching the touchpad when I borrow someone's laptop.)

Comment

Originally posted by dafero View Post
              Any idea when it will support smooth scrolling? Is this something that needs to come from libinput? Or from the DE instead?
              There is a HUGE difference between linux and Windows and Mac.
              It already supports it, but only for devices that default to being in smooth scrolling mode (like touchpads). For wheels you need a vendor specific driver to change the internal settings in the mouse. I am using the tool solaar to that on Linux, but then I need to fix xinput to divide by 8

Comment

It's not the most convenient, but you can manually change that by writing an Xorg config file. I had to manually enable "tap to click" on my antiquated Dell Inspiron Mini. I can provide more details is needed.

Comment

Still want click scroll wheel to scroll like winders. miss that feature

Comment

Tap-to-click and other mouse/touchpad related settings can be controlled with the gsettings command. Or install dconf-editor if you prefer a GUI (search for 'touchpad'). Run gsettings or dconf-editor as the user you want to change the settings for.

Comment

Working...
                    X