Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Planning For Vulkan Support Later This Year

Phoronix: Unigine Planning For Vulkan Support Later This Year

This week Unigine Corp released the much anticipated Superposition benchmark and it's a darn beautiful OpenGL 4.5 Linux-friendly graphics test. But, sadly, didn't have any Vulkan rendering option...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone else want VR support in Superposition?

It's at this point I realize that Vulkan has become closely connected with Linux VR in my head. That's kind of an interesting observation.

Comment

I think the only reason everyone was waiting for this benchmark so badly is having a new Vulkan benchmark. Who needs the Nth iteration of Valley/Heaven? We have Valley and Heaven already.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        I think the only reason everyone was waiting for this benchmark so badly is having a new Vulkan benchmark. Who needs the Nth iteration of Valley/Heaven? We have Valley and Heaven already.
        Valley/Heaven are very memory bandwidth dependent. This one seems to rely more on actual GPU processing power.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid State Brain View Post

Valley/Heaven are very memory bandwidth dependent. This one seems to rely more on actual GPU processing power.
          That actually sounds bad considering the upcoming Vega architecture, the main point being memory bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
          X