Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android-x86 6.0-r3 Released, Now Riding On Mesa 17.0.4

Phoronix: Android-x86 6.0-r3 Released, Now Riding On Mesa 17.0.4

While earlier this year the future of Android-x86 was questioned, so far the project is moving along and released this week was Android-x86 6.0-r3 as the latest Marshmallow update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Android 6.0 is old.
    Now the current release is 7.1.2.

How does this compare against Anbox?
    How does this compare against the Android 7.1.1 VM images for x86 and x86_64 that is provided in Android Studio?
    Last edited by uid313; 25 April 2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Android on x86(-64) is for me a Black Screen .... I try many Systems and it has most of the time the same result. Once i get a better one. But due to known Problems with the Realtek Platform Chip Wlan, BT, SDSlot, Audio didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Android 6.0 is old.
        Now the current release is 7.1.2.
        Thats not important if the Security Patches are applied

How does this compare against the Android 7.1.1 VM images for x86 and x86_64 that is provided in Android Studio?
        Native Running Android is much much faster. But this is due to no GPU Support in the VMs.

Comment

So, i tested the new Version of android x86 and remix os. The 64bit Version fails to boot in both cases but the 32bit Version of remixos works. For testing i use a Acer Aspire 6920 ( 4GB Ram and AMD Radeon Mobile 3650 ) Standby is not correct working. After the wake up the keyboard, touchpad, mice, BT is not working. H264 Video Playback is not working and software based decoders are extremly slow
          Last edited by Nille; 25 April 2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
            Thats not important if the Security Patches are applied

Native Running Android is much much faster. But this is due to no GPU Support in the VMs.
            I've tried the native on Atom development board and tablet. When starting apps, it's like a CRT mode switch, the whole screen stays blank for quite long. The usability is totally crap.

Comment

I had no problems with all versions of Android x86, will have to test this one, great news there's still work on it.

Comment

Android 6.0 is old.
                4.4 is old, I would love to update my old LG G2 to 6.0 without needing Windows

Comment

Im installing new and new version and games compatibility issues are the still same (lots of games crashing during start), lots of games are not working, no games apps working much smoother.

Comment

It works, for the most part, what is most annoying - zero support for mini-pcie cellular broadband modems. Kernel contains the drivers (visible in dmesg), Android should have the necessary cellular support etc..

Comment

Working...
                    X