Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment Working On OpenGL-Accelerated Evas Filters

Phoronix: Enlightenment Working On OpenGL-Accelerated Evas Filters

An Enlightenment developer has been working on support for accelerating EFL Evas filters with OpenGL shaders...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this more of a techdemo or some Hollywood sci-fi GUI?

Does anyone really use Enlightenment?

I mean sure it looks pretty. But is it usable?
    And this is only for the built-in Enlightenement apps and CLI apps in eterm? Or does Gtk and Qt work nice and integrate well?

Also too much shades, fades, opacity, transparency, blur, shadows, gradients and bling might just make it look cheap and shitty.

Comment

Does this EFL Evas filer thing use GLSL?

Comment

This seems a bit like they're chasing yesterday's features.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Also too much shades, fades, opacity, transparency, blur, shadows, gradients and bling might just make it look cheap and shitty.
          It' can't look more cheap and shitty than it is already. All times I look at it it still reminds me of embedded device GUI.

Comment

And this is only for the built-in Enlightenement apps and CLI apps in eterm? Or does Gtk and Qt work nice and integrate well?
            Enlightenment is my main desktop driver for years now. And I am not a gentoo user.
            It's the only one that's pretty light weight, and is *fast*, and does anything I tell it to.
            For POS systems I just use fvwm2.
            If I can't get enlightenment for a desktop environment, I start of with icewm.
            About all other environments aim to limit the user in how to use it.
            All the gentoo users I physically know use enlightenment. I am the odd man out, since I am a debian user.
            The biggest problem with enlightenment is that ubuntu and debian have no enlightenment packaging maintainers.

Comment

Nice tech demo, but not sure blur like in the video would be useful. I tend to read the stuff behind my terminal window (saves me having to switch). even more so if I am trying out new cli commands from web pages

Comment

I use it as backup and small footprint environment with low RAM systems; Pi.

Terminology is their power terminal, used every day. Think of it as i3 window manager but as a terminal. New virtual terminal working directory is set to the previous virtual terminal the request was executed from. Screen splitting horizontal and or vertical virtual terminals to see multiple stdout / stderr at once. Similar to Terminator but with commands to mimic a file manger with thumbnails and viewing media with-in the virtual terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post
                  This seems a bit like they're chasing yesterday's features.
                  Well, if 3d effects and compositing window managers, with blur and glass, and fire-paint, and snow and-or rain are yesterdays features.... wheres my time machine.

Comment

Anyone notice we all just got RickRolled?

Comment

Working...
                    X