Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arca Noae "Blue Lion" Nearing Release, Letting OS/2 Live On

Phoronix: Arca Noae "Blue Lion" Nearing Release, Letting OS/2 Live On

For those still having OS/2 software to run or just missing the days of OS/2, the software firm Arca Noae that is run by OS/2 veterans is preparing a new installment of the operating system with blessings from IBM...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do hope Winamp for Windows 3.11 works on this one because I just feel people should be able to listen to "Party Like It's 1999" on this "modern" OS.

Comment

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
      I do hope Winamp for Windows 3.11 works on this one because I just feel people should be able to listen to "Party Like It's 1999" on this "modern" OS.
      For those that don't want to spend 99$ to do that, please see the music video from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOy_qOrJwck
      Last edited by starshipeleven; 25 April 2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Was the mention of "OpenOffice" and "modern software" in the same sentence a typo or is 2010 software their definition of modern?

Comment

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
          I think that pretty much sums it up. We can now close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
            Was the mention of "OpenOffice" and "modern software" in the same sentence a typo or is 2010 software their definition of modern?
            Well, considering that this is OS/2.... OpenOffice is Sci-Fi stuff for them.

Comment

What's the difference between this and eComStation, aside from the delusion of attempting to modernize OS/2? Is it basically just hardware compatibility?

Seriously weird that there is actually a competitive market for OS/2...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                What's the difference between this and eComStation
                Arca Noae shows more enthusiasm in beating a dead horse.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it would be far cheaper to just buy a used old Pentium or Pentium II PC, an used copy of OS/2 and use that instead of trying to install this on a newer PC. Assuming you have OS/2 software that you absolutely need/want to run today.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it would be far cheaper to just buy a used old Pentium or Pentium II PC, an used copy of OS/2 and use that instead of trying to install this on a newer PC. Assuming you have OS/2 software that you absolutely need/want to run today.
                    Or just use an emulator. Not like OS/2 was known for its hardware acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                    X