Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.9 LTS Released With Its OpenVG Back-End & Much More

Phoronix: Qt 5.9 LTS Released With Its OpenVG Back-End & Much More

Qt 5.9.0 has made it out on time as the newest Qt5 tool-kit Long-Term Support (LTS) release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All features and not a mention of bug fixes in sight

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      All features and not a mention of bug fixes in sight
      Check the changes lists. There are a few thousand bug-fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Check the changes lists. There are a few thousand bug-fixes.
        I'm sure there are (like always), I was just pointing out they're not highlighted in any way in the release announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I'm sure there are (like always), I was just pointing out they're not highlighted in any way in the release announcement.
          I think you're exaggerating a bit.

Originally posted by Release announcement, second §, first sentence
          With Qt 5.9, we have had a strong focus on performance and stability. We’ve fixed a large number of bugs all across Qt
          Originally posted by Release announcement, second section, second §, first sentence
          Some of the major changes since Qt 5.6 include more than 2000 bug fixes all over Qt.
          Etc... I just skimmed over it; but there are actually mentioned quite a lot, and are even brought up before the new features... Though, understandably, they concentrate on the new features later, since that's more exciting and specific. Who would want a screenshot of a small bugfix, when you have a lot of other exciting stuff to talk about, and limited space/time? :P

Overall, a nice release I hope that KDE will be stable on Wayland soon!

Comment

If you have a few thousands of bug fixes and a few thousands of bugs opened you should stop for a moment.
            Here is something new that makes 5.9 unusable on iOS https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61053. That is if we ignore multiple bug reports around new caching system and 1400 important/critical other bugs still opened.

So 5.9.0 was the first beta, 5.9.1 should then be beta2.

Comment

Any idea if this just works with Plasma 5.10? I've not moved to Qt 5.8 and I'm guessing that release is simply being skipped entirely

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                Any idea if this just works with Plasma 5.10? I've not moved to Qt 5.8 and I'm guessing that release is simply being skipped entirely
                sure it works with Plasma 5.10. just like Qt5.8 did.

Comment

Originally posted by jKicker View Post
                  If you have a few thousands of bug fixes and a few thousands of bugs opened you should stop for a moment.
                  Here is something new that makes 5.9 unusable on iOS https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61053. That is if we ignore multiple bug reports around new caching system and 1400 important/critical other bugs still opened.

So 5.9.0 was the first beta, 5.9.1 should then be beta2.
                  The good this is that it was released on time, this gives me hope 5.9.1 will be out on time too in June.

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post

sure it works with Plasma 5.10. just like Qt5.8 did.
                    When Qt 5.8 was first released the current at the time (can't remember the versions) Framework and Plasma packages wouldn't compile against it

If I remember correctly qtdbus 5.8 wouldn't even compile
                    Last edited by FireBurn; 31 May 2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X