Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagination Formally Announces It's Selling Itself

Phoronix: Imagination Formally Announces It's Selling Itself

Following countless rumors about PowerVR-maker Imagination Technologies, the company has formally announced today it's selling itself...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

US$5 says Apple buys them out, or at least tries. And then doesn't lower the price of their iPhones using it.

Comment

Under 200 bucks phones have SnapDragon820. Two strong six instruction cores, two small two instruction cores and 500GFlops graphics. Also the same company has announce x86 emulation. I don't think there is room for anyone else at this point.

Comment

"OMG WHAT, WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING" - no one at all

Comment

Imagination Technologies is one of those backwards companies that can't keep up with the times.
          They don't get open source.
          Better license Adreno from Qualcomm or Mali from ARM Holdings.
          PowerVR is too proprietary.

Comment

I'm not planning to buy anything more this, week. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
              US$5 says Apple buys them out, or at least tries.
              Nope, they got all they needed from it already

Comment

Couldn't a non-profit/governmental org/wealthy uni. buy them, or some of their tech? I would, but the sellout price is definitely going to be more than a hundred bucks

But since their products aren't open source-friendly, I couldn't care less (though it would be nice if a buyer were to open them up).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Imagination Technologies is one of those backwards companies that can't keep up with the times.
                  If only they had used their imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Nope, they got all they needed from it already
                    Except for Imagination's patents, that is. I don't know what patents they have, but there must be something in there that Apple could use (either now or in the future).

Comment

Working...
                    X