No announcement yet.

Some Extra Game Tests Showing AMDGPU+RadeonSI Improvements Since Ubuntu 17.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Extra Game Tests Showing AMDGPU+RadeonSI Improvements Since Ubuntu 17.04

Phoronix: Some Extra Game Tests Showing AMDGPU+RadeonSI Improvements Since Ubuntu 17.04

In yesterday's Windows 10 Radeon Software vs. Ubuntu 17.04 + Linux 4.12 + Mesa 17.2-dev comparison I tested both Ubuntu 17.04 out-of-the-box and then upgraded it to the Linux 4.12 kernel and Mesa 17.2-dev. Here are some complementary tests I did with a larger set of Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael I assume you will be doing a Fedora 26 vs Ubug2 compare?

Comment

MadMax's performance is no less than amazing. It's a beautiful game (especially compared to the FOSS ones, or the other ones in the test), but it's usually running at over 200 FPS.
      Avalanche Studios and Feral must really have done something right.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Why, in that shit even Xfce does not work without patching systemd files.
        https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6219
        Well, it was fixed a week or so ago (in the same day the bug was submitted, btw), it's reasonable that distros don't have that fix yet.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Why, in that shit even Xfce does not work without patching systemd files.
          https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6219
          That one was funny, You really argue, that a bug that was fixed in systemd the same day it was reported, makes Fedora irrelevant? A Bug that just exists, when you use lightdm instead of the default Login Manager? With no context to the desktop evironment you mention, that really struggles to get ported to modern times (wayland)?

Awesome

Comment

BioShock and Civ VI have glthread enabled by default in drirc with current Mesa git. This article seems to suggest that drirc wasn't updated. You should get much higher performance in those games with properly installed Mesa.

Comment

Question and a little bit offtopic

Is the Vulkan API/RADV automaticly included in the AMDGPU driver or is it an extra pakage which needs to get installed separatly to use Vulkan?
              Last edited by Pranos; 09 July 2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
                Question and a little bit offtopic

Is the Vulkan API/RADV automaticly included in the AMDGPU driver or is it an extra pakage which needs to get installed separatly to use Vulkan?
                Not sure what you mean. AMDGPU has multiple meanings. AMD has its own Vulkan driver and it's not RADV.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

Not sure what you mean. AMDGPU has multiple meanings. AMD has its own Vulkan driver and it's not RADV.
                  I think he means the open source drivers. Amdgpu+MESA instead of amdgpu+AMDPGU-PRO.
                  So the question is: does the default open source install include the RADV vulkan driver?

I think it does, at least I had it for my RX 480 on Tumbleweed with MESA 17.1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post

I think he means the open source drivers. Amdgpu+MESA instead of amdgpu+AMDPGU-PRO.
                    So the question is: does the default open source install include the RADV vulkan driver?

I think it does, at least I had it for my RX 480 on Tumbleweed with MESA 17.1.3.
                    Yea. Thats what i want to know.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X